Saturday, January 7, 2012

A week in the life of.......

This has been a crazy week.

Monday my car engine seized up.  I had not driven the car during Christmas break and when I got in it early Monday morning it started making the most terrible noise after I left out.
We had been studying the book of James as a family in the evenings.  We talked that evening about how God uses trials in our life to produce patience.  I had asked the kids how it could be that my car engine could totally ruin but I could still be content that God would work everything out in his time.  Joshua said that I could be content because I still have feet.  :-)

 Tuesday we hit a skunk on the way home from Karate class.  No more commentary is necessary on this one.  :-)

Wednesday I found a wonderful deal.  At Wal-Mart they had several real bargains on the reduced rack.  I bought about 70 cans of pringles at 33 cents a can,  Kool-aid brand packets for 5 cents each,  bags of marshmallows for 25 cents each and sugar sprinkles for a quarter each.  The checker looked at me like I was crazy, but I have snacks for work for about a year.

Thursday I had a couple of kids on my bus arguing about which of them looks more like Elvis.  :-)

Friday was extremely busy.  No rest for the weary.  The kids have really been enjoying working on Khan Academy.  It is a great website that will track your progress as you watch educational videos and work on problems.

Today we had a great workout this morning at Karate class.  I am about to go and cook a homemade pizza for the kids.  :-)   Later today I plan on helping the kids finish their Ocarina kits that they got for Christmas.  Their kits are coming along nicely.  They already have them assembled and glued.  Now, all that is left is sanding and finishing.   I will post pictures when they finish them.

No comments:

Post a Comment