Monday, January 16, 2012

I think I see a shark......no wait it's a whale.

We took the kids down to Houston today to visit some skateboarding parks there.  On the way there we passed by a lake and Jonathan, my 4 year old said that he thought he saw a shark in the water.  When I explained that there more than likely were not any sharks in that lake he said...."wait, it was a whale that I saw".  
A stump in the water can be just as much to a four year old as a stick can be in their hands.
When I was a kid a stick could be a gun, a sword, a horse, etc.

The kids had a lot of fun on their skateboards.  Joshua was brave enough to try going down the half pipe twice.  I was doing good just to ride on the flat surface.  I managed to strike up several conversations with several people who were there.  There were some kids there who were extremely talented at doing flips on skateboards and bicycles.


Jonathan and Hannah were real proud of their scooters.  They rode all around inside of the skate park, back and forth.  I can say that I am thoroughly convinced in the benefit of knee and elbow pads.  I only fell to the hard surface a few times.  There were some young kids who would wince at my catastrophic skateboarding.  When I fell the earth would shake.

We have been studying the book of James together as a family and we are in the middle of chapter 2 right now.  James is a great practical book, that always gets quickly to the heart of the matter.  My desire for my kids is to grow up having that type of wisdom to draw upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment